There is no wonder that concrete is one of the most popular materials in construction and other projects. In fact, almost all individuals, contractor or not, know what concrete is. Its application surpasses beyond construction and now you can find a lot of DIY videos that use concrete.
Its recognition is not without basis. Concrete is popular not just on concrete contractors Orlando but also on normal people because it has certain properties that make it durable, strong, reflective, versatile, and long-lasting. This is why it is used in both residential and commercial spaces.
Below, we give you the list of concrete properties that make it popular in the construction field:
- It is durable – its unyielding nature makes it very suitable for different construction especially when the house or building would be exposed to different elements and weather conditions. Because of temperature and humidity changes, your building is likely to develop rust, rot, and many more. The good thing is that concrete is able to resist this including fire and erosion, making it a good choice for construction.
- It is strong – concrete is not just durable, but it is strong as well. This is why it is used for foundations to construct buildings in different materials. Furthermore, concrete is very adaptive too. This means that it can meet different requirements by changing the cement, water, and aggregate ratio. In contrast to other organic materials like wood, concrete lasts several years because it does not break easily due to natural elements.
- It is versatile – whatever project, and however it is used, concrete is extremely versatile and flexible. We mentioned that its application extends beyond building houses and buildings. Concrete is also used to build and construct bridges, roads, highways, patios, garages, and the list goes on and on. Concrete can also be in different shapes and be trained with a variety of colors. So, if you need a material that is durable, strong, but versatile, concrete should be your number one choice.
- It is reflective – in contrast to asphalt that absorbs heat, concrete reflects it. This implies lit of advantages when constructing a building or highway. This heat-reflecting ability of concrete allows the building to avoid absorbing heat too much reducing the need for a whole-day AC unit’s cool air. This effectively saves you some dollars. Furthermore, concrete usage can mitigate heat in urban islands, decreasing costs in utility.
- It has environmental benefits – when you use a sturdy and strong material that can withstand damages, you are also decreasing the need for repair and reconstruction, reducing all the carbon emissions caused by the construction process. Furthermore, large piles of concrete can also be reused and recycled, making it more environmentally friendly and practical to use.
If you are considering building a home or doing a project, you might as well consider using concrete as your materials to avail of the benefits that it provides. Besides it is cheap, concrete is durable, strong, heat reflective, and beneficial.