There is no wonder that concrete is one of the most popular materials in construction and other projects. In fact, almost all individuals, contractor or not, know what concrete is. Its application surpasses beyond construction and now you can find a lot of DIY videos that use concrete.
Its recognition is not without basis. Concrete is popular not just on concrete contractors Orlando but also on normal people because it has certain properties that make it durable, strong, reflective, versatile, and long-lasting. This is why it is used in both residential and commercial spaces.
Below, we give you the list of concrete properties that make it popular in the construction field:
- It is durable – its unyielding nature makes it very suitable for different construction especially when the house or building would be exposed to different elements and weather conditions. Because of temperature and humidity changes, your building is likely to develop rust, rot, and many more. The good thing is that concrete is able to resist this including fire and erosion, making it a good choice for construction.
- It is strong – concrete is not just durable, but it is strong as well. This is why it is used for foundations to construct buildings in different materials. Furthermore, concrete is very adaptive too. This means that it can meet different requirements by changing the cement, water, and aggregate ratio. In contrast to other organic materials like wood, concrete lasts several years because it does not break easily due to natural elements.
- It is versatile – whatever project, and however it is used, concrete is extremely versatile and flexible. We mentioned that its application extends beyond building houses and buildings. Concrete is also used to build and construct bridges, roads, highways, patios, garages, and the list goes on and on. Concrete can also be in different shapes and be trained with a variety of colors. So, if you need a material that is durable, strong, but versatile, concrete should be your number one choice.
- It is reflective – in contrast to asphalt that absorbs heat, concrete reflects it. This implies lit of advantages when constructing a building or highway. This heat-reflecting ability of concrete allows the building to avoid absorbing heat too much reducing the need for a whole-day AC unit’s cool air. This effectively saves you some dollars. Furthermore, concrete usage can mitigate heat in urban islands, decreasing costs in utility.
- It has environmental benefits – when you use a sturdy and strong material that can withstand damages, you are also decreasing the need for repair and reconstruction, reducing all the carbon emissions caused by the construction process. Furthermore, large piles of concrete can also be reused and recycled, making it more environmentally friendly and practical to use.
If you are considering building a home or doing a project, you might as well consider using concrete as your materials to avail of the benefits that it provides. Besides it is cheap, concrete is durable, strong, heat reflective, and beneficial.
You might have thought that a house is still functional without awnings. However, it functions in two ways: for more protection and aesthetics.
Awnings significantly block the sunlight and cover a space against raindrops, so if you have a backyard, patio, or any space which you think would need protection against the weather, then a removable awning would fit your fancy. In addition to protection, awnings can also increase aesthetic value to your home. If you notice that a home without an awning can look a bit boring and dull. If you are considering an upgrade, then you definitely need to put awnings Frisco on your list. Here are the reasons why:
- It minimizes UV damage on you and other elements that need to be under shade – all skin experts recommend that you put on sunscreen because they are aware of how UV can significantly age your skin. Although subtle, UV rays can damage skin cells, making you appear older as you age. Similarly, when you expose different materials like wallpaper, flooring, fabrics, and others to the sun, you will notice discoloration and change of appearance. Take note that it is not just appearance but the overall durability of the material that is affected. Awnings can filter some UV effectively
- Efficient in energy – if you noticed that your room’s temperature significantly changes at a certain time of the day, it is because that area is more exposed to the sunlight. Rather than installing an AC unit or turning it on the whole day to avoid discomfort caused by the heat, consider installing an awning that blocks and prevents your window from direct sunlight exposure. AC units significantly increase energy bills, and when you want to save some dollars, you would need to avoid using it the whole day or avoid using it at all. When your AC units get damaged and you become passive about it, this will spike your energy consumption too. Awnings as an alternative significantly make energy bills at check. The good thing about awnings is that you can choose to purchase a retractable one so you can remove it when you want the sun in your window.
- It increases curb appeal – when you choose the right structure and design for your awning, it will significantly enhance the curb appeal, also increasing the value of your home. If you plan on selling your house, then an awning will be of great help, considering also other benefits one can get besides aesthetics.
- It expands outdoor space – if you have some patio or porch attached to your home, you might as well consider putting on an awning for protection. The pandemic lets us realize how outdoor activities can decrease stress and anxiety. However, we know that too much exposure to sunlight also causes damage. Let your kids play outside the porch or patio with the protection of an awning.
We do hope that we shared with you some valuable information as to why awnings are beneficial and practical to install.